Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hanne's Necklace

I've been admiring this girl's tatted jewelry since before I learned to tat. In fact, her little flowers are one of the reasons I wanted to learn. So I've been trying to recreate them. I started to get close, and then my thread broke, so I made it into a necklace for Hanne, since she wont care if her flower is missing a few petals.


That big white thing in the middle is a pearl bead. I just glued it on, cuz honestly, Hanne never wears the stuff I make her, and something this small is bound to get lost anyway, and if it does stick around long enough to break, by then I'll have a brad I can stick in the center.


She was really excited about it for about 3 minutes, and then she stuck it in her closet, next to the hand knit shrug that she never wears. Haha. That's what I get for spoiling her.

5 comments:

  1. It's so cute! My girls would LOVE to have something like that. They've been wearing clay bead necklaces their aunt helped them make for a couple days already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did just say, "I'm thankful for my necklace" in her prayers. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either of my granddaughters would have loved it. It's really pretty, Schmath. By the way, we'll see you on our way home from California. We're being rushed to arrive there a week earlier than originally requested, so can't stop on our way there. Boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is really sweet!! :)
    And it looks perfect on that little angel! :)

    ReplyDelete